Over three million people are injured in motor vehicle crashes each year in the United States, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). That means that six people are injured in car crashes every minute across the country. When you are one of those people, your life can be turned upside down. You may suffer serious and permanent injuries, be unable to go to work, and struggle to pay ongoing medical bills. If the crash that changed your life was caused by another person’s carelessness or negligence, you might be entitled to compensation from their insurance company. At Spada Law Group, LLC, our legal team has handled thousands of motor vehicle accident claims, and we will thoroughly evaluate your claim to track down all possible sources of compensation for you.
But Isn’t Massachusetts a No-Fault Car Insurance State?
You may be aware that Massachusetts uses a no-fault car insurance system and think you can’t hold a negligent driver responsible when they cause a crash. While it’s true that no-fault insurance means that you must file accident claims with your own insurance company, some circumstances allow you to bring a personal injury lawsuit against another driver. Specifically, you must show that you have suffered one of the following:
- A broken bone
- A permanent scar or disfigurement
- A minimum of $2000 in medical expenses caused by the accident
When you get in touch with us immediately after your crash, we will get to work investigating the crash and documenting your injuries and medical treatment to help you get the best possible recovery for your losses.
Causes of Car Accidents in Chelsea and Salem
Sometimes, a car accident is caused by our own mistakes, but other times, it's the fault of the other driver. When you are a victim of another person’s mistake or negligence, you owe it to yourself and your family to find out if you can hold them accountable and are entitled to compensation. When you are seriously injured in a crash caused by one of the following, you may have cause for a personal injury lawsuit:
- Driver distraction. Texting, eating and drinking, talking on a hands-free cell phone, and fatigue are just some of the actions that can cause a driver to take his hands off the steering wheel and his mind off the task of driving, creating the potential for a deadly crash. In fact, it is estimated that at least 25 percent of all fatal crashes were caused by cell phone usage. If your crash was caused by a distracted driver, our team will find the proof and hold the driver accountable.
- Driver impairment. Nearly 50 percent of fatal car crashes in Massachusetts are caused by drunk or drugged drivers. If the driver who caused your crash is issued a DUI, you will have a strong personal injury claim against him if you sustained serious injuries. Our attorneys are experienced in holding impaired drivers accountable for their actions.
- Driver error. Most car crashes are caused by some form of driver carelessness or error. Speeding, failure to yield, following too closely, running a stop sign, and dangerous lane changes are a few of the more common causes of vehicle crashes, but any time the other driver is ticketed for a traffic offense, you have strong evidence of their fault in causing your crash.
- Vehicle defect. If a flaw in the design or manufacture of your vehicle caused the crash, you might have a product liability claim against the car’s manufacturer. Faulty brakes, engine problems, drive train defects, or other dangerous failings can compromise the integrity of the vehicle and lead to a crash. Our attorneys will work hard to identify vehicle defects.
Our experienced car accident case managers and attorneys will investigate your crash to determine the cause. If our investigation identifies liable parties, we will pursue a personal injury lawsuit to get you the compensation you deserve.
In East Boston, You Can Trust Spada Law Group, LLC
We understand that you are suffering after a serious car accident and the thought of hiring an attorney may be too much to deal with right now. However, not only do we take the burden of fighting for compensation off your shoulders, we don’t charge you a penny until we win for you. Schedule a free consultation in our welcoming Chelsea office today. We think you’ll be surprised by what we have to offer.